Workplace Injury & Accident Attorney in Los Angeles
Every year work-related accidents and injuries cause immeasurable pain and suffering to hundreds of thousands of employee and their families. If you have been injured at work our California workplace injury attorneys can help. Workers who are injured at work are entitled to full and just compensation.
What Separated the Joseph Farzam Law Firm from the Rest?
Workplace Injury Lawsuits can be difficult to litigate requiring expert testimony from trusted occupational injury medical practitioners, and tedious expert legal representation.
The offices of the Joseph Farzam Law Group have years of experience handling uniquely challenging Workplace Employment Injury litigation involving serious injuries such as Spinal Cord Injury, Chemical Burns, Construction site injuries, and Workplace deaths.
Trusted Workplace Accident Attorneys
We have handled and litigated thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against many companies for their unlawful or negligent business practices.
Our dedicated legal team deeply cares for all clients. We share your goal to see to it that justice is served and full restitution for your injuries in the workplace recovered. We have a tremendous passion for the practice of law and will zealously and vigorously litigate your case until justice is served and victory achieved.
According to workplace safety data from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), workplace accidents and injuries result in over 170 billion dollars in losses.
Common Causes of Workplace Accident Injuries Include
- Defective Machinery
- Violation of OSHA
- Improper safety devices
- Improper instructions on the handling of machinery and industrial equipment
- Exposure to harmful chemicals – leading to lung disease
- Exposure to Asbestos in the workplace – leading to asbestosis and mesothelioma
- Chemical Burns and eye irritations
- Caught in Machinery accidents
- Improper awnings and scaffolding construction
- Faulty and Defective industrial equipment
- Negligent hiring
- Negligent supervision and training of staff
- Slippery surfaces
- Poor workplace lighting
- Presence of Toxic Mold in the Workplace
There are many more causes of industrial accidents and injuries. Our Law Firm is equipped to handle complicated employment tort litigation. Our attorneys have represented hundreds of workplace injury victims and have accumulated tens of millions of dollars in monetary compensation. Call our offices today to speak to a workplace accident attorney regarding your accident claim.
What to do if there is a Dangerous Situation at your place of Work
Workers who think there is an unreasonably dangerous condition in their place of work leading to an unsafe work environment for themselves or other workers have certain rights under California and OSHA Federal Reporting guidelines.
Below are steps that should be taken if you believe there is a dangerous condition at your place of work:
- Bring the dangerous condition to the attention of your employer or your managers.
- If they fail to remediate the issue you have a right to contact OSHA
- If you believe there is a high level of risk in continuing work and have notified the proper authorities you have the right to leave the worksite until dangerous conditions have been alleviated
- You have a legal right to protect yourself from hazards in the workplace by not coming to work
- Contact a Workplace injury lawyer so that you can ensure your employment rights are protected.
Note: The dangerous condition in the workplace must be such that a reasonable person would believe that there is a real danger of death or serious harm and that there is insufficient enough time to contact the proper authorities for proper inspection.
Worker Rights to Compensation for Injuries – Work Injury Claim
Every worker in the United States has a right to compensation for injuries suffered at work. The Federal OSHA act of 1970 requires employers to provide their employees with working conditions that are free of known dangers.
Under Federal Employment Safety regulations employers owe a duty to their workers to provide an environment free of known dangers that have the potential to cause harm to their employees. The OSHA act also provides workers with rights to receive compensation for injuries suffered during employment.
Wrongful Termination and Discrimination against employees for exercising the right to workers compensation
All too often employers engage in wrongful retaliatory termination because of the exercising of an employee’s rights under Federal and California state workplace guidelines. There are specific California state and Federal Laws that prohibit such action.
Federal Laws Specifically States
“No person shall discharge or in any manner discriminate against any employee because such employee has filed any complaint or instituted or caused to be instituted any proceeding under or related to this chapter or has testified or is about to testify in any such proceeding or because of the exercise by such employee on behalf of himself or others of any right afforded by this chapter.”
Common injuries resulting from workplace accidents in California
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Repetitive head injuries
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neck Injuries
- Severe back injuries
- Spinal Disc Herniation
- Slipped Disc
- Severed Limbs
- Finger and digit Amputation
- Bone Fractures
- Broken Ribs
- Ligament injuries
- Chemical Burns
- Lung Damage
- Hearing Loss – Traumatic Ear Injury
- Partial or Complete loss of Eyesight – Traumatic Eye injuries
- Burn Injuries
- Heart Attack due to overexertion
- Emotional Distress at work including Post Traumatic Stress
- Hand Crush Injuries
Workplace Injuries by Industry
Construction Workplace Injury
A Construction site is one of the most dangerous workplace environments employers are forced to deal with. There are many injuries that can take place on a construction site.
Ladder Falls: One common injury is falling from heights in construction sites: According to statistics 15% of all serious injuries to painters and carpenters working in construction sites are caused by falls from ladders. There can be many causes of ladder falls; including general neglect, defective ladders, and failure to keep the workplace clean.
Roofer Falls From Elevation: Every year thousands of roofers are injured from fall injuries on construction sites. Common causes of fall injuries on workplace sites include general negligence, failure to warn, ladder defects, overreaching for equipment, unstable ladder base, carrying objects while walking up a ladder, and roofing equipment defects.
Caught in, under, or between objects: There are many moving objects and heavy machinery on construction sites. Hundreds of workers are killed every year on construction sites by getting caught in, under, or in between heavy objects including beams, forms, lumber, panels, steel awnings, plows, and large trucks.
Electrician Workplace Injury – Utilities – Electric Power Workplace Injury:
Employees involved in the electrical wiring of homes and businesses are at great risk of suffering from a multitude of injuries.
Ear Injuries: One common injury associated with electrical work is hearing loss from excessive noise. Many construction worksites are extremely loud. Electricians often work in and around noisy equipment including saws, drills, and power nail guns. Constant and repetitive loud noises can lead to long term ear and hearing damage.
Overexertion: Studies show that one in three workplace accidents are due to overexertion or overworking. Overexertion takes place where workers attempt to pick up heavy industrial equipment including; shovels, furniture, wrenches, machinery, power tools, heavy boxes, and tires.
Manufacturing Workplace Injury
As a result of heavy industrial equipment Manufacturing plants are often the scene of serious and deadly workplace injuries. Common injuries and accidents associated with heavy and light industries include.
- Clothing or hair being caught in a machine – trapped in a machine
- Fall Accident: Falling down from faulty stairways and awnings due to faulty design or slippery surfaces
- Struck by moving objects
- Slip and Fall accidents
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chemical Burn Injuries
- Eye injuries from Industrial Explosions
- Loss of Hearing
Heavy Industry petroleum and natural gas production and refining injuries
There are very few jobs as demanding and dangerous as oil and natural gas production; fossil fuel production workers face long hours. There are many things that can go wrong on an oil rig including blowouts, oil and gas explosions, falls from awnings and towers, head injuries resulting from falling debris, chemical burns, and fires.
Farmworker Injuries – Agricultural and Forestry workplace injury
Individuals involved in the farming industry in California are aces with a multitude of workplace safety issues including (1) Overworking (2) Exertion (3) Machinery injuries and (4) Defective farming equipment.
- Our California farm worker accident attorneys have helped people suffering a wide range of injuries resulting from
- Negligent handing of livestock
- Defective farm equipment
- Exposure to toxic chemicals and hazardous fertilizer
- Negligent inspections of work site hazards
- Failure of managers and farm operators to properly inspect machinery and equipment
- Failure to provide proper safety equipment
- Failure to properly train farm workers in the handling of farm equipment
Public Transportation and Trucking Workplace Injury
Motor Vehicle Accidents are the number one cause of workplace injuries amongst truck drivers and delivery truck drivers. Every year hundreds of truck drivers are killed in truck jackknifing accidents, rollover accidents, and highway accidents. Some of the most common causes of trucking accidents are as follows:
- Climactic Conditions: Slippery roads and high winds
- Truck defects and equipment defects
- Failure to properly inspect trucks
- Maintenance crew negligence
- Truck Tire defect
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Speeding and Negligent driving
Other workplace trucking industry accidents include being caught in machinery, struck by large and heavy objects, falls from elevation and muscle and joint injuries from overstress, overexertion and awkward lifting of heavy packages.
Other industries where workplace injuries are frequent include
- Police and Firefighter Injuries:
- Waste management and janitorial workplace injury:
- Grocery Store – Supermarket Workplace Injuries:
- Retail Employment Workplace Injury
- Sawmills and lumber yards – Wood manufacturers
- Furniture manufactures
- Day Laborers
The Legal Team You Need – California Work Accident Attorneys
The employers you are up against have the legal and financial resources to make sure they pay you as little as possible. Their goal is to have as much money as possible; to do that companies and their insurance companies work diligently to reduce the severity and scope of your injuries as much as possible.
Employers are armed with lawyer and accountants and expert to lower your injury compensation – Shouldn’t You Be
What we can do for you
You deserve someone in your corner making sure that you get what you are entitled to. Our work accident attorneys use all the resources at our disposal to fight your battle. Our law firm has handled hundreds of cases and recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against big companies and major insurance carriers. We can do the same for you.
Compensation for your Workplace Injury Claim
Total compensation for all losses resulting from a workplace injury is the goal we set for every single one of our clients. If you have suffered from injuries at work you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical costs
- Cost of prescription medication
- Future Medical Costs
- Future rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages for time off work
- Future loss of wages – or reduction of wages
- Emotional Distress including Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Pain and Suffering
- Punitive Damage – where possible
Remember: Time is of the essence and it’s easy to be pressured into signing something that you shouldn’t after the stress of damages, loss, or an injury.