Get Help with a Serious Trucking Accident Injury in Los Angeles
Truck accidents on California roads lead to numerous serious bodily injuries and fatalities.
Due to their large size discrepancy in comparison to other vehicles on the road truck collisions sustain a far higher rate of severe injuries.
Our dedicated staff of personal injury litigators have handled hundreds of personal injury and accident claims and have provided for tens of millions of dollars on compensation for our clients. Our goal is your goal; to see to it that justice is served and you are fully compensated for your loss.
If you have a truck accident injury claim, call our offices at (310) 226-6890 for a free case evaluation.
Common Injuries Associated with Truck – Auto Collisions are as follows
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Fractures Bones
- Severe Neck injuries and Whiplash Injuries
- Facial Lacerations
- Broken Noses
- Knee and Ligament Damage
- Internal Bleeding
- Internal Organ Failure
- Burn Injuries from Auto or Truck Fires
Common Causes of Truck Accidents on California Roads
Causes of truck accidents often include driver error, truck defects, and weather conditions. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are as follows:
- Truck Driver Negligence: Often truck drivers fail to maintain proper truck driving procedures including speeding, driving while fatigued, drunk driving, and failure to maintain safe driving during hazardous climatic conditions.
- Defective Truck Manufacturing and Design Defects: Truck manufacturing companies may produce 18-wheeler trucks that are defectively designed and manufactured. Such defects range from tire defects leading to tire blowouts, brake defects, carriage defects, and latch defects.
- Trucking Company Liability: Truck hauling companies may be held liable in California court for improper hiring practices.
- Use of illicit drugs: In order to stay awake and continue driving to as to maximize their profit truck drivers take illicit drugs to remain awake. Illicit and illegal drugs used by truck drivers include methamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, and alcohol.
- Roadway Defect and Highway Construction accidents: Roadway design defects and highway construction sites are a leading cause of truck accidents. Often construction crews on California highways fail to place proper signs and lighting during construction leading to general confusion and an increased risk of accidents.
- Tractor Trailer Jackknife Accidents: A truck jackknifing takes place when it has been accidentally folded so that it resembles a pocket knife. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety, there are approximately 5000 jackknifing incidents each year leading to more than thousands of injuries and over 500 fatalities. Factors that contribute to jackknifing of a truck include road conditions, poor lighting, braking system failure, poor driving techniques, and suspension malfunction. If you have been injured in a truck jackknifing incident our dedicated team of personal injury attorneys can help you receive the compensation you are owed.
Steps to Take if you have been involved in a Truck Accident
- Maintain Safety At All Times: The Safety of you and individuals around you always comes first. If you are injured seek medical attention.
- Do not attempt to talk with the truck driver regarding fault or apologies. All statements you made can and will be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries from truck companies and their insurance companies.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency, police department, or the California Highway Patrol if the accident takes place on a highway.
- Ask the driver of the Truck for his information including driver’s license, truck registration, and insurance information. Do Not argue with other drivers regarding the fault.
- Talk to witnesses: If there are witnesses to the accident, attempt to as for their personal information including names and phone numbers so that you can contact them in the future.
- Compile Evidence: If you have a camera or a phone camera take as many pictures as possible of the accident site, including the intersection where the collision took place, street lights, and the damages to your and the other vehicle.
- Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you have received consultation from a Personal Injury Attorney – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with a truck accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other parties agents.
Truck Accidents and Wrongful Death Claims
Sadly due to its high impact and severity, a large proportion of truck accidents lead to fatalities. California Personal Injury Statutes allows for a claim by a loved one of truck accident fatalities.
Spouses, sons, daughters, siblings, and parents may be allowed to legally file a wrongful death claim. Here at the Farzam Law Firm, we understand no amount of money can replace a lost family member.
However, after you have lost a loved one in an auto-related accident it is always advisable to speak to a trusted Wrongful death attorney regarding a possible claim for the death of a loved one.
Compensation for Your Injuries – Recovery a Truck Accident Injury Claim
Truck accident personal injury claims can be difficult to litigate requiring expert testimony from trusted medical practitioners, roadway safety experts, and tedious expert legal representation.
The team at Farzam Law Firm has years of experience handling uniquely challenging Personal Injury litigation involving serious injuries resulting from Trucking accidents including brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, and burn injuries.
Compensation for truck accident claims can be based on numerous issues including:
- Medical Expenses
- The Length of your recovery
- Future medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Property Damage
Trusted Big Rig Accident Attorneys
Our top semi-truck accident attorneys have handled and litigated thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against all the major insurance carriers. Our dedicated legal team deeply cares for all clients.
Your cause is our cause; to see to it that justice is served and full restitution for your injuries recovered. We have a tremendous passion for the practice of law and will zealously and vigorously litigate your case until justice is served and victory achieved.
Frequently Asked Questions
“Why Do I Need a Lawyer?”
The reasons are many and complicated, but in brief, an injured person needs a personal injury attorney following a car accident because lawyers possess both the skills and resources necessary to pursue your case.
An uninitiated individual can quickly find himself overwhelmed and short-changed by the legal system, sometimes incurring costs significantly higher than those of hiring car accident attorneys for your case.
Having a lawyer means you can secure the appropriate medical resources to address your injuries promptly and comprehensively. Most people don’t have the financial means to pay for medical insurance, let alone the astronomical costs of hospitalization, diagnostic procedures, and continuous therapy and rehabilitation.
As previously mentioned, quick and consistent treatment of injuries resulting from car accidents is the key to convincing a jury of your claim; as such, a lawyer can arrange for you to receive medical treatment without paying for it upfront (payments are made when cases settle.)
Further, an attorney’s experience and knowledge are necessary to accurately adjudge the monetary value of your case. Trying to pursue your case single-handedly almost guarantees that you will not be granted a settlement that reflects anywhere near the true value of your case.
The final reason you need a car accident lawyer is that insurance companies are incentivized to avoid making payouts for victims of accidents.
An auto accident lawyer plays a vital role in the fight for fair compensation for your injuries; having a lawyer removes the tedious and complicated burden of dealing with insurance companies’ red tape from your shoulders.
“Should I allow the insurance company to take my recorded statement?”
The short answer is no; never do this.
As previously stated, insurance companies are not incentivized to help you; conversely, their primary objective is to establish the lowest amount of compensation possible and convince you to accept it. You need a lawyer to help you prepare your statement for when you do speak with any insurance company, whether that be the other party’s or your own.
“How much is my case worth?”
We cannot know immediately, but with a free case evaluation, we can begin the process of determining the monetary value of your claim. Our Los Angeles firm has helped thousands of injured clients and consistently gets them the best results possible.
“Am I entitled to a rental vehicle?”
You are, assuming your car was damaged as a result of the accident. Your rental will be available to you for a reasonable number of days (please refer to your auto insurance policy.)
“Am I entitled to recover other losses resulting from the accident, such as lost hours at work?”
The work hours lost due to doctor’s appointments and another car accident-related treatment are compensable (this is included in your attorney’s estimated value of your case.)
“How much will a lawyer cost?”
The first thing that comes to mind after an accident might be, “How much is this going to cost?” This does not have to be so – at Farzam Law Firm, we work on a contingency basis.
This means we will not seek reimbursement until your case is successfully settled – in the meantime, we will front all of the litigation and medical costs related to your accident. You can rest assured knowing we don’t get paid unless you do.
“What if I am dissatisfied with my experience at another attorney’s office?”
We can make the arrangements to have your case transferred to us. Please do be aware that if your prior attorney has done substantial work on your case before you transfer to our firm, they could potentially have the right to collect a percentage of our fees as payment for their work.