Los Angeles residents rely on their cars to transport them through busy days on multiple highways throughout Los Angeles County. Los Angeles is one of the most congested cities in the world.
Los Angeles roadways are notoriously dangerous, and unfortunately, car accidents happen every day. If involved in a car accident, it’s vital to obtain a copy of your Los Angeles traffic accident report.
What Do I Do After a Car Accident?
After a car accident, there are multiple steps to take to preserve evidence and protect your rights. Maintaining a clear state of mind may be difficult after a jarring event like a car accident.
However, the following steps may prove advantageous if you attempt to recover damages:
- Always stop and assess your injuries and those of others around you.
- If medical attention is needed, call 911.
- Call the police and report the crash immediately. The responding officer will create a Los Angeles car accident report detailing damages, injuries, and other details regarding the car accident.
- Never admit fault in any situation.
- Obtain contact, vehicle, and insurance following information from the other parties involved in the car accident.
- Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any witnesses to the car accident.
- Take detailed photos of the vehicles involved in the accident and the surrounding area.
- Notify your insurance company of the accident.
- Obtain a medical evaluation to determine if you suffered any injuries. Even if you feel fine, in many situations, minor injuries may become more serious.
- Obtain a copy of Los Angeles traffic accident reports.
- Contact a Los Angeles car accident attorney.
While these are all crucial steps to undertake, it’s entirely understandable if you fail to complete the recommended steps after a car accident. Contact an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney to review your options.
A qualified attorney works to piece together the events surrounding your accident and gather evidence on your behalf.
How Do I Obtain Los Angeles Accident Reports?
The Los Angeles Police Department directs all individuals wishing to obtain a copy of Los Angeles accident reports to do so by mail. Include the following information with your Los Angeles car accident report request:
- Location and names of parties involved (if known);
- A signed release by an involved party if the requesting party is an attorney;
- The type of report;
- The date and location of the accident;
- A report number, if known; and
- The license plate number of the vehicle involved.
Include a check or money order with the mail request for $18.00 for all Los Angeles traffic accident reports. All requested must be mailed to:
The Los Angeles Police Department
Records and Identification Division
Document Processing Unit
P.O. Box 30158
Los Angeles, CA 90030
In the event no Los Angeles car accident report exists, you may request a refund of the $18.00 check. However, you can avoid complications by consulting with a qualified car accident attorney in Los Angeles to assist you in recovering a copy of your car accident report.
At the Farzam Law Firm, our clients are never treated as just another case number.
We go anywhere to represent you, including making special visits to your home or hospital.
We understand the stress you may be under after enduring the trauma of a car accident. Let us help you. At the Farzam Law Firm, we never charge clients unless we win your case.
We want to assist you in recovering from your losses, so you can begin the road to recovery without a financial burden.
Contact us today for a free consultation and case review.