The Joseph Farzam Law Firm is a leader in the protecting the rights of employees who have suffered acts of discrimination in the workplace. Our attorneys have successfully taken on some of the largest companies in California and have provided tens of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Discrimination in the workplace is strictly outlawed by the Civil Rights Act, the Fair Employment and Housing Acts and various California state statutes. For a free consultation regarding your claim contact our experienced lawyers.
Discrimination in the workplace can come in many different forms including
- Discrimination based on physical disability
- Discrimination based on mental or cognitive disability
- Discrimination based on medical issues including, HIV, Cancer.
- Discrimination based on age
- Denial of family medical leave act
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Race and ethnic Discrimination
- Denial of Wages and overtime pay
- Retaliatory termination for filing a discrimination claim
- Religious discrimination
- Language based discrimination
- Workplace harassment and Workplace Bullying due to a person’s race, color, religion, sexuality or national origin
- Alteration or reduction of work benefits and retirement
- Denial of employment for prospective applicants based on discrimination
Employment discrimination Lawsuits:
Employment based discrimination lawsuits are bases on showing that the business owner and managers engaged on certain practices which are prohibited by the federal Civil Rights Laws and Califoria based anti discrimination statutes. Anti discrimination laws in a place of employment are enforces by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing. C-FEHA protects and subsequent California laws specifically prohibits discrimination based on an individual workers sexual orientation, and gender identity, color, religious affiliation, sexual orientation.
Disability discrimination: Americans With Disabilities Act – Providing Reasonable Accommodations
Under the ADA or Americans with Disabilities Act employers are refrained from discriminating against prospective employees based upon their disabilities. Also under the ADA owners of business must provide a disable worker with reasonable accommodations. Denial or prevention of reasonable accommodations will be a violation of the ADA and be considered a form of discrimination in the workplace. In order to be protected under the ADA you must be a qualified individual with a disability; which includes a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity including, seeing, hearing, walking, talking, or breathing.
Work Discrimination Lawyer
Gender discrimination in your place of work:
Discrimination of an employer based on a person sex is a violation of Title VII of the American Civil Rights act and the Fair Employment and Housing Act. Women have made enormous progress in employment rights over the past half century however gender discrimination still persists resulting in substantial hardship for victims. Specific Acts of sex based discrimination in your place of work may include:
- Hiring policies
- Toleration of Sexual remarks and jokes at work
- Glass ceiling – passed over for promotion because of your sex
- Members of the opposite sex being paid more
- Stricter rule and regulations including dress code for one sex over another
- Having a policy of different benefits and vacation time based on sex
Do you suspect discrimination at work? Call
If you believe that there is discrimination in your place of work the law offices of Joseph Farzam can help. Our experienced legal team has handled some of the most challenging and complex employment rights cases in California and have achieved in winning tens of millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Compensation for discrimination in the workplace can be based on many factors including:
- Back pay
- Lost waged and overtime
- Future wages
- Reinstatement of job
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress including post traumatic stress
- Punitive damage – where possible
Our passion and dedication to workers across California is what guides us in our work.