Truck accidents on California roads lead to numerous serious bodily injuries and fatalities. Due to their large size discrepancy in comparison to other vehicles on the road truck collisions sustain a far higher rate of severe injuries. If you or a loved one has been severely injured in traffic accident involving a large truck contact the Law Offices of Joseph Farzam. Our dedicated staff of personal injury litigators have handled hundreds of personal injury and accident claims and have provided for tens of millions of dollars on compensation for our clients. Our goal is your goal; to see to it that justice is served and you are fully compensated for your loss.
If you have a Truck accident injury claim call our offices for a free non cost evaluation. (888) 999-9394
Common Injuries associated with Truck – Auto Collisions are as follows
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Fractures Bones
- Severe Neck injuries and Whiplash Injuries
- Facial Lacerations
- Broken Noses
- Knee and Ligament Damage
- Internal Bleeding
- Internal Organ Failure
- Burn Injuries from Auto or Truck Fires
Common Causes of Truck Accidents on California Roads
Causes of truck accidents often include driver error, truck defects, and weather conditions. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents are as follows:
- Truck Driver Negligence: Often truck drivers fail to maintain proper truck driving procedures including speeding, driving while fatigued, drunk driving, and failure to maintain safe driving during hazardous climatic conditions.
- Defective Truck Manufacturing and Design Defects: Truck manufacturing companies may produce 18-wheeler trucks which are defectively designed and manufactured. Such defects range from tire defects leading to tire blowouts, break defects, carriage defects, and latch defects.
- Trucking Company Liability: Truck hauling companies may be held liable in California court for improper hiring practices.
- Use of illicit drugs: In order to stay awake and continue driving to as to maximize their profit truck drivers take illicit drugs to remain awake. Illicit and illegal drugs used by truck drivers include, methamphetamine, cocaine, cannabis, and alcohol.
- Roadway Defect and Highway Construction accidents: Roadway design defects and highway construction sites are a leading cause of truck accidents. Often construction crews on California highways fail to place proper signs and lighting during construction leading to general confusion and an increased risk of accidents.
Tractor Trailer Jackknife Accidents: A truck jackknifing takes place when it has been accidentally folded so that is resembles a pocket knife. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety there are approximately 5000 jackknifing incidents each year leading to more than thousands injuries and over 500 fatalities. Factors which contribute to jackknifing of a truck include, road conditions, poor lighting, breaking system failure, poor driving techniques, and suspension malfunction. If you have been injured in a truck jackknifing incident our dedicated team of personal injury attorney can help you receive the compensation you are owed.
Steps to Take if you have been involved in a Truck Accident
- Maintain Safety At All Times: The Safety of you and individuals around you always comes first. If you are injured seek medical attention.
- Do not attempt to talk with the truck driver regarding fault or apologies. All statements you made can and will be used against you when you are seeking compensation for your damages and injuries form truck companies and their insurance companies.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency, police department, or the California Highway Patrol if the accident takes place on a highway.
- Ask the driver of the Truck for his information including drivers license, truck registration, and insurance information. Do Not argue with other drivers regarding fault.
- Talk to witnesses: If there are witnesses to the accident, attempt to as for their personal information including names and phones numbers so that you can contact them in the future.
- Compile Evidence: If you have a camera or a phone camera take as many pictures as possible of the accident site, including the intersection here the collision took place, stret lights, and the damages to your and the other vehicle.
- Do not speak to an insurance adjuster until you have received consultation from a Personal Injury Attorney – if the other party’s insurance company contacts you, your best response is to get in touch with a truck accident injury attorney and ask him to speak with the other parties agents.
Truck Accidents and Wrongful Death Claims
Sadly due to its high impact and severity a large proportion of truck accidents lead to fatalities. California Personal Injury Statutes allows for claim by loved one of truck accident fatalities. Spouses, sons, daughters, siblings, and parents may be allowed to legally file a wrongful death claim. Here the Law Offices of Joseph Farzam we understand no amount of money can replace a lost family member. However after you have lost a loved one in an auto related accident it is always advisable to speak to a trusted Wrongful death attorney regarding a possible claim for the death of a loved one.
Compensation for Your Injuries – Recovery a Truck Accident Injury Claim
Truck Accident Personal Injury Claims can be difficult to litigate requiring expert testimony from trusted medical practitioners, roadway safety experts, and tedious expert legal representation.
The offices of the Joseph Farzam law Group has years of experience handling uniquely challenging Personal Injury litigation involving serious injuries resulting from Trucking accidents including Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries and Burn Injuries.
Compensation for a Truck accident claim can be bases on numerous issues including:
- Medical Expenses
- The Length of your recovery
- Future medical and rehabilitation costs
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Future Income
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Property Damage
Trusted Big Rig Accident Attorneys: Our top personal injury attorneys have handled and litigated thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against all the major insurance carriers. Our dedicated legal team deeply cares for all clients. Your cause is our cause; to see to it that justice is served and full restitution for your injuries recovered. We have tremendous passion for the practice of law and will zealously and vigorously litigated your case until justice is served and victory achieved.
For a Free Consultation with our Personal Injury Attorneys contact us toll Free. (888) 999-9394