A Traumatic Brain Injury is amongst the most severe forms of personal injury. The goal of the Law Offices of Joseph Farzam is to provide dedicated and expert legal representation for victims of severe head injuries. Below is some helpful information regarding brain injuries, personal injury litigation for a brain injury and helpful head trauma resources.
If you or a loved one has suffered traumatic impact to the brain resulting from a traffic accident, motorcycle accident, pedestrian injury, slip and fall, or dog attack incident contact our offices for a free no cost evaluation of your brain injury claim. Call us toll free (888) 999-9394
Understand Traumatic Brain Injuries
A Traumatic Brain injury if a type of head injury resulting from a blow to the head. Such injuries are caused by the exertion of an external force on the skull or by the penetration of an object into the brain cavity . Brain injuries are more numerous than many of us believe. According to published statistics by the Centers for Disease Control or (CDC) nearly 1.4 million individual visit emergency room across the county because of a TBI; a further 300,000 victims are hospitalized for extended period because of their traumatic brain injuries.
Common Accidents and Incidents leading to Brain Injury Diagnosis:
There are numerous incidents which can result in a brain injury. Some of the most common incidents causing TBI’s are as follows:
- Slip Trip and Falls
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Assault and Battery and Violent Crimes
- Gun Shooting and Assaults with Deadly Weapons
- Falling Objects and flying debris
- Explosions involving intensive wave pressure
An estimated 600,000 brain injuries are causes by fall injuries and another 300,000 brain injuries are the result of Traffic Collisions. The initial trauma leads to tearing and shearing off of brain tissue leading to loss of brain matter. Secondary and prolonged effects of an initial impact may cause further damage to the brain caused by hemorrhaging, oxygen deprivation, and swelling.
Signs and symptoms: Initial signs and symptoms of a brain injury are numerous and can differ bases on the severity of the initial impact and the individual victims general health. Common symptoms associates with a brain injury.
- Cognitive Issues
- Fatigue and Lethargy
- Constant headaches
- Loss of Executive Functions including intellectual abilities
- Behavioral Changes including the onset of personality disorders
- Loss of Memory
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Language Disorders
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
There are numerous types of brain injuries resulting from accidents or intentional acts. In order to determine the type and severity of a brain injury victims must seek medical examinations with neurologists often involving MRI’s CT Scans, PET Scans, Electroencephalograms, memory and cognitive tests, and other medical examinations.
- Skull Fractures: Fractures to the skull are often difficult to detect. There a different types of skull fracture including Linear Fractures, Depresses Skull Fractures, and Compound Skull Fractures. Diagnosis of a skull fracture by a neurologist can be made using X-rays and CT Scans. MRI’s are not the preferred method of skull fracture detection.
- Brain Hemorrhage: A Brain hemorrhage is the internal bleeding of the brain and is cause by sudden and often violent blows to the head. Such injuries are usually caused by slip and fall accident, motorcycle accidents and falling objects or debris.
- Child Brain Injuries: Infant and child brain damage are usually the result of two incidents. (1) Birth injuries resulting from the medical malpractice and (2) Shaken Baby Syndrome often the result of child abuse.
- Repetitive Brain Impact: Repeated blows to the head often result from involvement in sport activities including American Football, Soccer, Boxing, as well as dangerous workplace conditions on construction sites and manufacturing facilities.
Other Common Brain Injuries include:
- Mild to Moderate Traumatic Brain Injury
- Diffuse Axonal Injury
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Closed Head Brain Injury
- Penetrating Head Brain Injury
Compensation for Your TBI – Recovery for Your Brain Injury Claim
Brain Injury Lawsuits can be difficult to litigate requiring expert testimony from trusted brain injury medical practitioners, and tedious expert legal representation. The offices of the Joseph Farzam law Group has years of experience handling uniquely challenging Personal Injury litigation involving serious injuries including Traumatic Brain Injuries and Spinal Cord Injuries.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers have handled and litigated thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against all the major insurance carriers. Our dedicated legal team deeply cares for all clients. Your cause is our cause; to see to it that justice is served and full restitution for your injuries recovered. We have tremendous passion for the practice of law and will zealously and vigorously litigated your case until justice is served and victory achieved.
For a Free Consultation with our Personal Injury Attorneys contact us toll Free. (888) 999-9394