Construction sites are one of the most dangerous work environments. Construction crew workers have to deal with numerous hazards which can lead to serious injuries, lifelong disabilities and fatalities. If you have been injured while on the job due to a construction site accident contact our dedicated and knowledgeable Los Angeles Construction work injury attorneys.
What Separates Joseph Farzam Law Firm from other Construction Site Injury Attorneys in California – We understand there can be many legal counsel choices available for Construction site accident litigation in the State of California. However, we believe we can provide you with the legal representation you need so that you can be fully and justly compensated for your injuries. Below is a brief list of what we can provide you with:
- Decades of experience in handling employment litigation against some of the largest corporations, as well as public and private companies in the United States;
- A history of settling and winning multimillion dollar judgments for our clients;
- Financial resources to handle expensive litigation costs – lawsuits involving construction site accidents and personal injury are costly, requiring much capital funding from the law firm representing you;
- Able to consult with and, if needed, front the cost of medical and construction site experts and witnesses including mechanical engineers, civil engineers, structural engineers, construction equipments experts and product defect experts;
- Compassionate legal staff will be able to answer any of your questions and protect your rights.
Workplace Safety – Construction Site Violation of Federal OSHA Standards
State and Federal law have strict guidelines for the safety of construction sites. However may construction sites fail to meet strict federal rules and requirements. If violations of OSHA standards have been a contributing factor in the injuries you suffered on a construction site, recovery may be obtainable.
Below are some of the most frequent violations of OSHA construction site safety standards.
- Scaffolding and awning safety
- Fall protection requirement
- Respiratory protection on construction sites
- Violations on the proper use of ladders
- Electrical wiring violations
- Failure to guard machinery
- Electrical system design
Ear Damage at Construction Sites – Recovery for a Loss of Hearing Claim
Ear damage is one of the most common workplace injuries on construction and demolition sites. As the noise level on a construction site increases, so does the probability of damages to your hearing. Federal OSHA law recommends that workplace noise levels be kept below 85 dBA as an 8-hour time-weighted average. However many construction sites fail to abide by such recommendations.
Sign and Symptoms of Hearing Loss
There are several signs of hearing loss. If you work on a construction site and have experienced any of these symptoms, contact a trained medical health professional for a proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Difficulty hearing people
- Hard time deciphering form different noises or person speaking during meeting of group discussions
- Constant ringing noises
- Hard time hearing people on the phone
- Hard time hearing alarms, bells, or phone calls
- Frequently asking people to repeat themselves during a conversation
How hearing loss happens – Hearing loss can take place from a onetime exposure, sudden noise, such as powerful explosions, or repetitive damage to the ear from prolonged exposure to noisy environment. Sadly construction site workers are prone to experiencing both issues at their place of work.
Construction Site Falls – Recovery for fall – Roofing Dangers
Fall on construction sites are frequent at most building sites. Due to the high rate of fall, roofing is one of the most dangerous jobs on a construction site. Many hardhat workers are frequently injured from falls during the construction process. Federal OSHA laws require that fall protection be provided at four feet in general industry, five feet in maritime and six feet in construction. Also fall protection must always be given when working over dangerous equipment and construction site machinery.
Common injuries associated with fall on construction sites include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury;
- Spinal Cord Injury;
- Broken Limbs;
- Severe Neck injuries;
- Facial Bruising and Disfigurement;
- Exposure to Toxic Fumes.
What are the major types of fall hazards in construction sites – Dangerous construction site conditions resulting in falls include:
- Unprotected side or edges
- Floor Collapse
- Holes in the flooring
- Stairway rail defects
- Scaffolding Injuries
- Awning Collapse
- Slippery Surfaces
- Defective or slippery ladders
- Unsecured Decking
- Window Openings
If you have suffered injuries resulting from a construction site fall contact the Law Firm of Joseph Farzam for a Free No Cost evaluation with one of our construction injury attorneys.
Transportation Accidents – Truck and Auto accidents on Construction Sites
Transportation related accidents are one of the leading causes of personal injury on construction sites. Often construction crews are pinned against a truck, struck by vehicles or involved in vehicle collisions. In many instances, construction sites fail to properly designate road areas and fail to employ proper lighting.
Steps that should be taken to protect crew on construction sites from auto and truck accidents:
- Proper warning information: There should be standard signs warning of all possible dangers;
- Barriers: Including concrete barriers, sands bags, crash cushions and water barriers to protect workers from oncoming vehicles;
- Proper Lighting on work sites;
- Flagging by crewmembers on construction sites.
Scaffolding Accidents – Injuries due to Scaffolding Collapse
Scaffolds are temporary platforms built on many construction sites around Los Angeles and Southern California. Scaffold are built so workers are able to reach heights that are unreachable.
According to Federal Construction site accident statistics, 60% of construction workers use scaffolds during their jobs. Close to 5,000 individuals are injured each year in scaffolding accidents.
Common Causes of Scaffolding Accidents – There are numerous reasons for scaffolding accidents. Some of the most common are as follows:
- Improper Construction;
- Defective Manufacturing Parts;
- Inexperienced workers;
- Improper Safety instructions;
- Improper Installation of Scaffolding.
List of other accidents and injuries on construction sites
Construction Zone Amputation Injuries – Loss of Limbs and Severed body parts due to defective machinery
Work Site Debris – Leading to slip and fall injuries such as brain injuries and spinal cord injuries
Construction Site Fires and Explosions – Leading to severe burn injuries, chemical burns, blindness, and loss of hearing from the shock wave of a blast
Defective Ladders or Misuse of Ladder and Step ladders – including failure to properly clean and inspect ladder before use, carrying a heavy and uneven payload while stepping in a ladder, or using home ladders for industrial use.
– QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS –
What Compensation can I Receive for My Construction Site Injury Claim?
Total compensation for all losses resulting from construction site injury is the goal we set for every single one of our clients. If you have suffered from injuries at work, you may be entitled to compensation for the following:
- Medical costs
- Cost of prescription medication
- Future medical costs
- Future rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages for time off work
- Future loss of wages – or reduction of wages
- Emotional distress including post traumatic stress disorder
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damage – where possible
When should I contact an attorney for my workplace injuries?
Immediately. The sooner you contact a personal injury attorney regarding your workplace accident injury the better the chances of recovery. Why? When you sign on as a client with the Joseph Farzam Law Group our investigators will be able to quickly gain access to the construction site so that they can retrieve evidence and testimony that will be helpful to your injury lawsuit.
The preservations of evidence is a crucial component to conducting a proper investigation. An investigator from the Farzam Law Firm will want to inspect equipment and photograph the accident.
Why Hire Us: Legal Representation in Your Construction Site Injury Claim
The knowledge of US Federal California regulations governing construction sites is significant in achieving the highest possible compensation available workplace injury cases.
Construction work injury claims can be difficult to litigate requiring expert testimony from trusted medical practitioners, mechanical and structural engineer, product defect specialist, and tedious expert legal representation. The offices of the Joseph Farzam Law Group has years of experience handling uniquely challenging Work Injury litigation involving serious injuries including Traumatic Brain Injuries and Spinal Cord Injuries, and construction site fatalities.
We Can Help You get the Compensation You are Owed: Our Injury lawyers have handled and litigated thousands of cases and recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts against all the major insurance carriers. Our dedicated legal team deeply cares for all clients.
Your cause is our cause; to see to it that justice is served and full restitution for your injuries recovered. We have tremendous passion for the practice of law and will zealously and vigorously litigated your case until justice is served and victory achieved.
For a Free Consultation with our Personal Injury Attorneys contact us toll Free. (888) 999-9394